Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

♥ NPC GNC Natural Colorado Open ♥



First off I must start with some serious gratitude. I can't even begin to express how blessed, humbled, and happy I felt when checking my Facebook page to find well wishes and love on a daily basis.  On top of all that I received cards and gifts from dear friends with encouraging words and post show goodies :)!!  Not to mention I had a fabulous friend dinner last night complete with a homemade pumpkin pie (Thank you Des...it was fabulous while it lasted..nom nom nom) and beautiful flowers (Thank you Lizette..they are so beautiful) and more beautiful cards to boot.  You all have truly spoiled me and shown me how powerful words and support can be.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 





So what about my experience? I'll try to sum it up as best I can. First, wow, I must say how truly honored I was to have been selected as Overall Bikini Champion along with  1st place Bikini Novice A and 1st place Bikini Open at the NPC GNC Natural Colorado Open!  It took me awhile to fully digest it all, as a matter of fact it didn’t hit me until I got home on Monday night when I had an OMG moment!!!  I jumped up and down on my bed and had an impromptu dance party to celebrate!

So how did this all start….Back in June I was toying with the thought of competing but had no idea how to go about it.  I happened to be talking to my amazing friend Kristie Houser, (thanks to her my nails look impeccable at all times) about competing.  She told me she had a friend named Deanne Munro who was a NPC Competitor and suggested I talk to her about starting out.  By fate Deanne happened to workout at the same gym I did so I sought her out and pumped her for information.  Deanne was so nice and encouraging and told me she was a member of Team Bombshell and suggested I check them out online.  I immediately went home and googled them and sent an email to the team.  I applied and was selected for the Bombshell Competition Team!!!!

 I started training immediately then decided to attend Bombshell Bootcamp in Daytona Beach, Florida.  The training was intense but in the process I was able to meet like-minded, beautiful, successful, ambitious women with similar goals and lifestyles.  These amazing women include  Shannon Dey (Momma Bomshell), Coach V (Vanessa Campbell), Coach G (Gennifer Conn Strobo), Samantha Billig, Aniedra Lynn, Anna Prettyman, Jennifer Elliot, Ruthie Harrison, Anna Virmajoki , Sarah Oldakowski, Gloribel Pagan, Christine Nicole Nobles, Gabriella Reeve, Nicole McClain and Tia Marie Kelley.  Little did I know that these incredible women would have such a HUGE impact on my life as well as my fitness journey.   To you ladies---I will forever be grateful for your support and motivation, I couldn’t have done it without you!

 Next on my agenda was actually finding a show to compete in.  I looked up shows that were nearby and came across the GNC Natural Colorado Open in October. Two of my best friends (Andrea Pino & Therese), currently live in Denver and I was hoping I could talk my other best friend into flying in from LA.  As time passed amazing things kept on happening along my fitness journey, I was offered a sponsorship from MD Designs (formerly known as Skinscriptions) for all my skin care needs and another sponsorship by Lifestyles/Yoli’s for all my hair needs!  I still can't  wrap my brain around how many people truly supported me and believed in my dream to compete in the Colorado Open.  Then the best news of all, my best friend (Candace) emailed me her flight itinerary confirming her travel plans to Denver for my competition! 
My entire experience in Denver was phenomenal from beginning to end.  I had the love of my life & my best friends by my side to help with my hair and makeup and everything else imaginable on show day.   I’ve always said that I am truly blessed to have so many amazing people in my life and I would not be who I am without you.  There is so much to learn about the value of relationships you make, maintain and enrich throughout your life.  To my amazing fiancee David & best friends-Candace, Andrea Pino, Therese, Warren & Raynee-thank you, thank you, thank you, you all make me feel like I can conquer the world!!
  
So what now, well I’m Nationally Qualified!!! Eeek!!!! So I’m taking everything one day at a time and still haven’t decided what show I want to do next. I have no idea where I'm off to next and while that's slightly terrifying it's also incredibly exciting. 

 I know, I'm blessed, so so blessed! Thank you all for being such an important part of my life!


lash glue & butt glue,

2 comments:

  1. Lovie, you forgot to give YOURSELF credit for ALL your hard work! Not only did you put in the time, effort and money to get your body in shape, you maintained your relationship with David and your friendship with all of us. We never felt left out! Thank you for letting us be a part of your AMAZING First Show, and making us all feel loved. We are lucky to have you as a bestie!

    Xoxo
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Love you!! So proud of all that you have worked so hard to achieve~ I can't wait to see you reach your full potential. And I'd be honored to Bombshell Bootcamp with you again anyday! XoXo

    ReplyDelete